- Hybrid = 2.5L Short Block built to use OEM 2.0L Cylinder Heads
- Crawford Spec S3 Pistons
- X-Beam Forged Rods
- Rated* up to 600whp (750bhp)
All components engineered & manufactured by Crawford Performance have been tested for ultimate performance and maximum dependability on and off the race track. Our rigorous testing and numerous accolades assure our clientele that we at Crawford Performance demand the best of ourselves and the products we create. Our clients deserve nothing less.
The most versatile and most popular Crawford Shortblock in the "S" series just happens to be the S3L-X. It’s engineered around a new EJ257 semi closed deck block that incorporates a counterweighted and balanced 79mm forged STI crankshaft, longer Crawford Performance Billet X-beam rods and Crawford designed 99.5mm offset forged pistons. Incorporated into the block are high performance STI main and rod bearings and STI piston rings. These Genuine STI components allow for maximum safety and reliability, because why fix what's not broken? No cheap knock off parts here. To keep with our high quality standards, we use Crawford offset wristpins to decrease the piston noise associated with forged pistons. It is helpful to note, the Crawford Billet X-beam rods serve two purposes; 1) to increase the rod ratio which allows for smoother and efficient power delivery and 2) the X-beam rods used in this motor are hefty strong rods designed to withstand the power produced with race fuel & high boost levels.
*There are too many factors in a performance build to put an exact number to this motor's horsepower and torque potential, so we give each of our motors a "Rated Output" number. We have seen our S3L-X builds withstand up to 600whp (750bhp). But no worries, if this isn't enough to satisfy that itch for more power, than choose the FSR Time-Attack forging for the pistons, which is built to withstand numbers as high as 800bhp (more info below).
The final compression ratio of this motor is 8.3 to 1. F
- New 2.5-Liter Semi-Closed Turbo Block
- New Subaru STI Forged Crank
- New STI High Performance High Mileage Piston Rings
- CP-Designed Forged and Strengthened X-Beam Long Rods
- CP-Designed Forged Pistons
- CP-Designed Case Hardened and Heat Treated Wrist Pins
- Professionally Balanced and Assembled
Crawford Performance S3L Pistons
- Dome/Dish requires no deburring or preparation
- 2618 T6 high tensile forged aluminum
- Crawford Performance pistons are specifically engineered for extreme applications up to, and including, professional competition. In this environment, the higher compression ratios, highest boost or heavy nitrous usage necessitate the higher tensile strength 2618 aluminum alloy.
FSR Forging Upgrade ($250)
- Time Attack FSR (Forged Side Relief), designed by Crawford initially for our 2008 STI Time Attack Champion: 'Tony the Tiger'. We developed this concept alongside our piston manufacturer to create a piston with strength like no other
- Features reinforced structure, a reduced skirt width to reduce friction, and shorter wrist pins to reduce weight (when compared to traditional "full round" style forgings)
- The ultimate combination of low-friction, light-weight design with increased stability and strength
- Ideal for high octane, high horsepower applications making more than 600 whp
- - -
We recommend that certain parts be replaced new when installing a new Short Block in to your vehicle. We have assembled a kit that includes each piece, down to break-in oil.
Click here to check out our Short Block Installation Kit.